Part 5 of a 7-part series. Delving into a 2-part discussion of David and Batsheva, we begin by recapping some important ideas. We then go through the seemingly strange written narrative of the story and come out with many questions..
Some highlights from the episode:
- A proof that the Torah is written by Hashem and not by man.
- A deep investigation into perfection vs imperfection in the attribute of Malchus (Kingship).
Part 4 of a 7-part series. Before entering into the discussion of David and Batsheva, we look at a medrash that tells of 3 questions that King David asks Hashem, and we discover that this medrash is dealing with the same 3 themes that we have previously discussed:
1. What is the value of madness? - The power of speech;
2. What is the value of the spider's web? - Clothing and the world that lies beyond;
3. What is the value of the tzira (wasp)? - The clarity of perception.