Part 6 of a 7-part series. Now into the 2nd part of our 2-part discussion of the story of David and Batsheva, we try to understand the essence of the story from the words of Chazal.
- Dovid asks Hashem to test him like He tested the Avos (Forefathers).
- Rashi explains the conditional Get (divorce doc) given by warriors at war to their wives.
- The World of Trickery that we live in since the sin of Adam HaRishon and the Nachash (snake).
- The Maggid, an angel that would visit Rav Yosef Kairo (author of Shulchan Aruch), answers the question of 'What was Dovid’s sin?'
- The Malbim’s approach, Dovid’s incredible decision and the price of a Chillul Hashem.