Part 4 of a 7-part series. Before entering into the discussion of David and Batsheva, we look at a medrash that tells of 3 questions that King David asks Hashem, and we discover that this medrash is dealing with the same 3 themes that we have previously discussed:
1. What is the value of madness? - The power of speech;
2. What is the value of the spider's web? - Clothing and the world that lies beyond;
3. What is the value of the tzira (wasp)? - The clarity of perception.
Part 3 of a 7-part series. A deep Kabbalistic journey into the relationship between David and Jonathan; the feat of finding the site for the holy Beis HaMikdash; and the tragic story of Nob, City of Kohanim.
Part 2 of a 7-part series. Taking us through the battle between David and Goliath, Rabbi Wolpe gives us 3 fundamental themes that begin to build an understanding of the Malchus Beis Dovid (The Kingship of David):
1. Things do not run the way we would expect
2. The link between kingship and clothing
3. Bris Milah and the direct link between immorality and the power of speech.
Part 1 of a 7-part series. We begin by exploring the origins of King David and by setting up the themes that will run throughout the ultimate Jewish king's life.